Tuesday 3 September 2024

Planning Task 8 : Photography Planning

 For my first edition I plan to use a boy and then a girl for the second edition in order to clearly show two different demographics within my main images. I will be directing and taking the photgraphs using my phone camera in order to make sure that the images match the visions I have for each of my individual magazine front covers.

For my first edition, I plan to use an indoor setting with the model sitting on a bed with an acoustic guitar used as a prop to show the style of homemade production that the artist will be notable for. They should wear baggy clothes such as cargos, tshirts and a jacket to make the image feel relaxed and casual. Their body language should reflect this casual feeling as they are comfortable within their own space and therefore relaxed as they are familiar with the space. The background of the image should include photos or images that are close or personal to the model as to show the idea that this space we are in is their own and that they are comfortable in it. The image should use daylight rather than any artificial lighting, however if the lighting is undesirable then artificial lighting would be used in order to create the same effect.

For my second edition it will take place in a field/countryside as the main coverline relates to nature and the artist encapsulates the theme of nature. It will be a wide shot taken from the left side of the with the model turning to facing out into the nature. The model will be very relaxed as they should feel in their element in this setting and therefore the photo will go off a very fixated but carefree feeling as if the presence of nature is calming. The photo will be taken during the day so that it is bright and not with any sort of limited light such as during sunset. The model will be wearing very casual clothes to highlight the idea of this artist as very relaxed and down-to-earth. They should wear jeans, a blue top and a dark jacket so they have cohesion with the colour palette of the magazine yet also stand out from the rest of the mis-en-scene in the image.

I will also take photos of vinyls to accompany my coverline 'Vinyl Records: Just a craze or here to stay?' which will allow for anchorage between my image and coverline but also add diversity to the images with them not being solely from the main coverline. I will also insert images that I've purposefully taken from previous concerts/events in order to create sections based on retrospective views of concerts this past year but also that of which upcoming music events to look forward to.

Although not photography, my mutli-media content will be filmed using my phone to show both me asking the questions and the model acting as Cora answering. This will allow for both of us to be shown when we are actively talking which will mirror the usual editing of interviews where each person is shown when they are talking to either ask or answer a question. I will edit the video in post-production in order to create this effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning Task 8 : Photography Planning

 For my first edition I plan to use a boy and then a girl for the second edition in order to clearly show two different demographics within ...